- 2 weeks
- 9834 till today
This program gives students the opportunity to approach the thousands-years-old Tuscan tradition of wine making under the expert guidance of professional sommeliers. It is suitable both for novices who wish to learn more about this fascinating world, and for wine lovers who wish to know all the secrets of Chianti, Brunello and all the most renown Tuscan wines. Balance language learning, culture, and fun with Language & Wine!
- 40 group lessons of Italian language instruction per week + 2 language and culture units on wine + 3 wine conferences with professional sommeliers + 9 high quality wine samples tasting + tasting of local produces (cheese, cold cuts, olive oil, etc.) + farewell dinner.
- Suitable both for beginners and for proficiency students, with the same attitude: learning a foreign language in different, various, practical contents.
- Small group-classes (max of 12 students with an average of 8 students per class).
- Visit of cellars and vineyards of a local wine producer.
- Syllabi tailored on specific academic requests and needs.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
6 STARTING LEVELS
- A1 Breakthrough or beginner
- A2 Way-stage or elementary
- B1 Threshold or intermediate
- B2 Vantage or upper intermediate
- C1 Effective operational proficiency or advanced
- C2 Mastery or proficiency
ATTENDANCE & CERTIFICATION
At the end of the course, DA Siena issues a certificate of attendance stating the number of lessons attended as well as the level of Italian competence attained for every language ability in accordance with the Common European Framework for Languages established by the Council of Europe.
Suitable for the preparation to the PLIDA (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri) official certification of knowledge of Italian language recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Office.
In collaboration with Federazione Italiana Sommeliers – institution recognized by Worldwide Sommelier Association – Dante Alighieri Siena will also issue a certificate of attendance stating the participation to the wine-related activities.
Curriculum is empty
- 2 weeks
- 40 group lessons
- 2 language units on wine
- 1 wine cellar visit with tasting
- 1 typical products tasting
- 3 wine conferences (4,5 hours) with professional sommeliers
- 9 high quality wine tasting
- farewell dinner
- text book
- didactic material
- social activities