Rolling Stones front-man turns 77 this month
Mick Jagger might remain in Tuscany after his birthday
What do Sting, Madonna, Harrison Ford, George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger have in common? Well, besides being world known actors and singers, they all have chosen Tuscany as the destination for their Italian vacation! As a matter of fact it is very recent news that this July the Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger will spend his birthday in the rolling hills of Tuscany.
Jagger is only the last in a long line of VIPs that elected this beautiful Italian region as the perfect location for a relaxing Summer holiday. But why is Tuscany so popular among actors and rock stars?
Certainly it is a region with extremely captivating features:
- Dreamlike landscapes: forests, hills, mountains and beautiful islands;
- Florence, Siena, Pisa, San Gimignano, Arezzo, Pienza…just to mention a few cities of art;
- World known thermal springs (Montecatini, Chianciano, Bagni di San Filippo, Petriolo, Rapolano…);
- Second Italian region for sea-water cleanliness;
- Trekking areas in valleys and mountains;
- Home of the famous classic cycle race Strade Bianche;
- Local products such as Pecorino di Pienza and prosciutto di cinta senese;
- Famous wines such as Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti, Bolgheri, and Nobile di Montepulciano…
All this considered it appears quite evident why for his birthday Mick Jagger announced on Instagram that he’ll be in Tuscany as a guest of the Count Manfredi della Gherardesca. He will turn 77 in complete relax while surrounded by the Tuscan countryside… it all sounds very appealing!
Mick Jagger after his birthday might decide to extend his stay for other four months. Rumor has it that he could be planning to undertake a music project in the relaxed Tuscan atmosphere.
So we’ll just have to wish Mick Jagger a happy birthday and wait for his next work to see the inspirational effects of Tuscany on his oncoming songs…or maybe we could also offer some language courses, should the Rolling Stones decide to sing once again in Italian!